Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Community Food & Juice

Community Food and Juice is one of the most popular restaurants around Columbia. The atmosphere is bright and airy and the food is delicious and wholesome. I haven't been back to Community in ages and decided to grab brunch with C one sunny day. There was a 20-30 minute wait on a weekend which is not bad at all and we were really happy with our meal.

Banana Walnut Pancakes with Warm Maple Butter 
Mmmm these were so good. While they were not as good at Clinton Street's, these were still fluffy and hearty. I loved the addition of the crunchy walnuts and the maple butter were also yummy. The one big complaint I had was that the server charged me for asking for extra syrup when I asked if I could get the rest of the pancakes to go. It was definitely a "seriously?" moment and just did not seem very nice. 

Vegetable Frittata - Asparagus, Melted Leeks, Roasted Tomato, Fontina, Lynnhaven Goat Cheese, Fresh Thyme
I had a bite of this and loved it! The veggies were all delicious and the goat cheese was heavenly. 

Heritage Hickory Bacon 
Decent and smokey bacon! Love bacon with pancakes! 

Sweet Potato Fries 
These tasted nice but were very soggy. I would give this a miss. 
Overall the meal was enjoyable but I would not say this is a must visit in New York. It is a cute spot if you are in/live in the area.

Community Juice & Food
2893 Broadway 
New York
NY 10025

No comments:

Post a Comment