Monday, March 2, 2015

Szechuan Gourmet

New York has been freaking freezing and I knew that some hearty spicy food would be the ideal dinner for a cold snowy night. Szechuan Gourmet had pretty decent reviews on Yelp so we decided to check it out. It was Friday night and there was a slightly wait (15-20 mins). Once we were seated however, our food came out SUPER fast and I was very satisfied with my meal.

Sautéed Veggies 
Decently made veggies, not too oily.

Marinated Jellyfish
I liked how they cut this into relatively thick strips. The jellyfish was marianted very well and the texture was crunchy and refreshing. 

Scallion Pancakes
Nom.


Beef Slices in Hot Chili Oil
This was another well executed dish. The flavors were extremely bold and I enjoyed how the dish had lots of enoki mushrooms also. However, I usually prefer this dish made with fish filets. 

Deep-fried Cumin Lamb
This dish was not bad, but I did not realize that the rest of my table did not eat lamb and this was WAY too much for one person. The flavor was very interesting but I think the breading was a tad too thick and the meat had that fake tenderizer texture. 

Mapo Tofu
One of my favorite dishes! The tofu was very silky and smothered with a meaty chili sauce. This went perfectly with white rice and I would definitely order this again! 

Overall it was a very solid meal and I think that Szechuan Gourmet is a solid choice if you are in the mood for a spicy feast! 

Szechuan Gourmet
21 W 39th Street
New York
NY 10018

No comments:

Post a Comment