Thursday, March 5, 2015

Scalini Fedeli

W has been talking about Scalini Fedeli for sometime and I knew that I had to go try it out! It was absolutely delicious and I think I will bring my parents here when they come for my graduation in May! The atmosphere is very romantic and service was very professional without being too stuffy. The menu is a prix fixe of $75 where you can choose an appetizer, main course, and dessert. They also offer a tasting menu. Their menu changes every once in a while (seems like every 1-2 months) but there seem to be a consistent presence for certain star dishes such as the raviolo.

Amuse Bouche


Soft Egg Yolk Ravioli with Ricotta and Spinach covered with Truffle Butter
This was a dish that was highly rated so I was definitely looking forward to it. The egg yolk inside was deliciously silky and runny. It broke out in a stream of golden yellow when I broke the raviolo apart. The pasta skin had the perfect bite to it and the truffle butter was incredibly fragrant. A definite must order! 
Spaghetti Arrabbiata with Mushrooms, Black Olives, and Minced Spanish Anchovies in a Spicy Tomato Sauce 
This sauce was just out of this world. It was so bold and flavorful, given that you like the ingredients in the sauce since I know that olives and anchovies are not everyone's favorite. The sauce just packed a punch and I loved the spicy kick. Pasta was also the perfect al dente. This was such a great way to rev up ones appetite! 

Parmigiano Crusted Rib Chop with a Apple and Kale Salad 
The chop was very juicy and the parmesan crust was crunchy savory perfection. The apple added a lovely sweet crunch to this dish and the kale salad also went very well with all the flavors. This is the perfect example of a simple dish done well. 


Braised Short Rib with a Cherry Pepper and Port Wine Glaze 
This came highly recommended by our server. While the short rib was cooked well and was very tender, W and I both felt that the flavors were quite normal and not too memorable.

Palate Cleanser 

Warm Caramelized Apple Tart in a Baked Fillo Crust
I actually do not remember if this was truly apple (sorry late post!) but this was delectable! This dish had the perfect balance of textures: luxuriously smooth, creamy cold and sweet ice cream, flakey fillo, and crunchy slithers of almonds.

Flourless Chocolate Souffle with Cappuccino Gelato
Mmmm you can't really go wrong with a well done chocolate souffle, and this was done SO well. This was incredibly rich and was the perfect end to a great meal. 

I really enjoyed my meal here and I look forward to returning.

Scalini Fedeli 
165 Duane Street
Tribeca
New York 
NY 10013 

No comments:

Post a Comment