Monday, March 30, 2015

Mercer Kitchen

W used to work at Mercer Kitchen and she recommended we try it out! This post will include pictures from our dinner there and also brunch there. I absolutely love the food there and I also love how its not too difficult to get a reservation given that it's a pretty well known place.


Sashimi Salmon with Crispy Rice - Chipotle Mayo and Ponzu
This is one of my favorite fusion-y things to order and since I am a salmon lover I enjoy this version even more than the more common version with spicy tuna. The chipotle mayo is creamy and delicious and is perfect with the crispy sticky rice below. Each bite is full of flavor and a combination of textures. 

Steamed Shrimp Salad - with Avocado, Mushroom, and Tomato, Champagne Vinaigrette
This is probably not a dish I would order if W didn't specifically recommend it. And boy was I glad she did! The dressing on this salad is the bomb.com. I am not sure what they put in it exactly but its so clean tasting and just absolutely delicious. There is a special flavor in it that I can't put a finger on. The shrimp is also cooked perfectly and everything just works together so well. One of my new favorite salads! 

Tagine of Steamed Black Sea Bass - Carrots Simmered with Orange and Cumin, Couscous
The flavor profile of this dish was quite interesting, it was a bit sweet and also consisted of a lot of citrusy notes and spices. It wasn't my favorite dish but it may be personal preference of the flavor profile. 


Rigatoni with Meatballs - Smoked Chili Tomato Ragu
Oh yesssss this really hit the spot. The pasta was cooked to the perfect al dente and the meatballs were so tender and flavorful. The sauce was also rich in flavor and covered every piece of pasta. A definitely must order if you love hearty dishes. 

Burrata and Fruit Compote and Arugula - Grilled Sourdough 
I got this dish after a Soul Survivor session. This was the perfect post workout meal. The burrata was perfectly luscious and creamy and the fruit compote complemented it perfectly. I also loved the nutty flavor of the arugula and the sourdough was of high quality. 

Buttermilk Pancakes with Market Berries and Whipped Cream 
This was J's dish but I think I may have eaten more of it that he did hehe. The pancakes were fluffy and sweet and I also loved the amount of fruit served with it. A very solid plate of pancakes! 

Mercer Kitchen is a great place to have a lovely meal with friends and I definitely would recommend people trying it out. I've thoroughly enjoyed my meal here on both occasions and definitely see myself returning again.

The Mercer Kitchen 
99 Prince Street
New York
NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment