Saturday, December 6, 2014

Sakagura

Sakagura is known for its vast collection of sake but unfortunately that was not what W and I were going for today. I spied that they had a uni soba and clearly I had to go eat it right away so I met up with W after my SoulCycle class. The menu claims that only 7 servings of this dish is served per day so being the keener that I am I wanted to eat it even more haha. Atmosphere was cute and service was also very polite and friendly. The lack of reception (free wifi for 30 minutes) was annoying though.

Tsukune
While this was not what we were expecting (we thought it would be the yakitori style), I thought this was really yummy. It made me think of the Chinese lion head meatball. It was super tender and the sauce was packed with sweetness and umami. 

Trio of Sashimi
Meh this was subpar. The slices were very thin and the selection was expected. Would not order again. 



Uni Soba 
MMMMMM this was heavenly. It was the absolute perfect post workout meal. The soba had a great texture and the uni was very fresh and sweet. I loved the addition of the shiso leaf and the crunchy tempura bits. The broth also had the sweet flavor of the uni. I happily slurped this entire dish down. 
We did not have a reservation and had to wait for a little bit, but nothing crazy. I really enjoyed my meal here and would definitely come again!

Sakagura 
211 E 43rd Street
New York
NY 10017 

1 comment: