Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Antonio

I've had my fair share of Portuguese food while in Macau but none has ever really made me want to return. It was never really bad, but just not particularly memorable. This all changed when I went to Antonio after the Splash pool party. The food was EXCELLENT. I remember the food I had with my parents once was also yummy, along with the birthday meal with Dd and Ss for their birthday two years ago. But this may easily be the best Portuguese food I've had! The meal started off however, on an awkward start because the restaurant seemed to be in the process of moving to a new location. So we went to the old location which was a dark and empty room and thought our friend R was kidnapping us or something haha! We were then led to the new restaurant where the atmosphere was absolutely lovely. The service was great and they brought our food out promptly because we said we were in a hurry to catch the ferry. It was an extremely enjoyable meal and I will definitely be coming back!

Arroz de Pato à Portuguesa - Portuguese Duck Rice 
Mmmm this was so good. The rice was so flavorful and the perfect level of doneness. It has absorbed all the duck flavor and the shredded duck at the bottom was tender and rich. A must order! 

Ameijoas à Bulhão Pato - Sautéed Clams with Garlic, Coriander, Olive Oil and White Wine Sauce
This was a favorite amongst our group. The clams were so sweet and flavorful, they were also juicy and plump. Everyone was moaning and making strange noises when they dipped the bread in the juice and A even said she wanted to wash her face in the broth. I would probably order two next time. 

Gambas ao Alhinho - Prawns with Garlic Sauce
The prawns were crunchy and the garlic flavor was robust but not overpowering. It was good but not my favorite of the meal since I was busy shoving my face with the clams and rice. 

Leitão Assado (Inteiro) - Roasted Suckling Pig served w/ Home Made Potatoes Chips, Salad and Sliced Orange
This was delicious but similar to what you would get at other restaurants. The skin was sinfully crispy and the meat was succulent and juicy. A tad tooooo much fat but something to expect when ordering suckling pig. 
Galinha à Africana com Batata Gratinada e Salada Mista - African Chicken with Garlic, Onions, Chili, Ginger and Desiccated Coconut Sauce, served with Gratinated Potatoes and Mixed Salad
The sauce was thick and flavorful and I thought this was yummy! M mentioned that the chicken was a bit dry but my piece was ok! The gratinated potatoes was also decadent and creamy. 
Antonio was the perfect meal for us hungry hungry people after a pool party and we all left with happy tummies to the ferry pier. I would definitely recommend this to other people and I look forward to return on my next visit to Macau! Thanks R for booking and taking us there :) 

Antonio
Rua dos Clerigos No. 7
Old Taipa Village
Taipa
Macau

No comments:

Post a Comment