Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Cafe Habana

Cafe Habana is famous for its grilled corn and cuban sandwiches. T and I decided to pop in for a quick lunch before my classes and I really enjoyed the meal! T was really excited for the cuban sandwich and ended up not really liking it but I actually thought it was quite delicious. The corn was very tasty but I think there are other places that serve corn that is similarly scrumptious. This may be a *bit* better, but I wouldn't specially come here if there was a huge wait. We went on a weekday therefore there was no wait at all. I definitely do want to return but I think I will do the same thing and come on a weekday and avoid any wait time.


Grilled Corn - Mexican Style
The corn was grilled to perfection and the cheese and spices were just heavenly. A must order! 



Fish Tacos
The fish was really crispy on the outside and flakey and hot on the inside. I think it would have been even better if there was some guacamole or if the slaw was a bit creamier. I think it was just missing that creamy aspect to set off the crispness of the fish and the crunch of the slaw.



Signature Cuban Sandwich
The meat was tender, juicy, and full of flavor. I usually don't like pickles but I felt that the addition of the pickle was the perfect tangy kick to the sandwich. I really enjoyed the few bites I had of this but T surprisingly was not too impressed. I would return and order this next time! 

Cafe Habana
17 Prince St
Between Mott St and Elizabeth St
Nolita
New York
NY10012
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment