Monday, January 27, 2014

Benjamins

Peter Luger's is the most famous steakhouse in NYC and while I must agree that it is good, I wouldn't say it was the BEST and totally life-changing. I know some loyal fans will think this is blasphemy but I honestly don't think it's all its hyped up to be. Yes the steak was delicious but I think many quality steakhouses are able to deliver an equally delicious piece of meat without the hassle of frenzied reservations, traveling to Brooklyn, and cash only policy. However I do think that you should give Peter Luger a visit if you are in New York because it is a establishment and for the old school charm. Yet if you have already given it a try I think there are many other place in NYC that can satisfy that steak craving. A recommended Benjamin's and said that her father loves this place. T and I came here and LOVED it. The atmosphere was tasteful and welcoming, service was very friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious! We have already booked Benjamin's for the upcoming Valentine's Day and I am looking forward to another great night. Word has it that Benjamin's is opened by a former chef of Peter Luger's and therefore many of the items on the menu are similar if not identical. Another steakhouse we want to try is Wolfgang Zwiener's, who was formerly a head waiter at Peter Luger's.


Porterhouse for Two - Medium Rare
Oh my this was delicious. The char was just perfect and the meat was so juicy and flavorful. Excellent excellent steak. I think you could also order it rare because the hot plate will cook the remaining pieces later but the first few pieces were to die for.

Carrot Cake
T does not like desserts much but he munched away on this cake. This was one of the most delicious pieces of carrot cake I've had. It was the perfect ending to a lovely meal.
We also ordered sides such a asparagus and onion rings. The onion rings are a MUST ORDER. They are not like your usual onion rings but are much thinner and delicate. They are delicious.

Benjamin's Steakhouse
52 East 41st Street (Between Madison and Park)
New York
NY10017

2 comments: