Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Balthazar

Balthazar has been a favorite of mine since my college days (which is not too long ago...) and is known to have one of the best steak tartars in New York. Since T has a obsession with steak tartar I definitely wanted to bring him here to taste it. I have actually never dined at Balthazar at night and I actually prefer visiting in the daytime. It is a little bit too dark for my tastes in the evening and it is much more bright and lively for lunch. T thought the steak tartar was quite good but it did not seem to blow his mind. My steak was overcooked initially but once I told our server they instantly offered to change it and was extremely polite and apologetic. They also made sure to ask if the replacement was acceptable therefore it was not a big deal apart from the fact that I had to wait a little longer for the replacement.

Steak Tartare
This was a decent rendition of T's favorite dish but I don't think it is the best steak tartare we've ever had. It was seasoned well but perhaps a bit too oversauced.

French Onion Soup
This was very rich and the perfect indulgence. The layer of bread and cheese was very thick and the soup was full of oniony flavor.

Steak Au Poivre
This steak was recommended by the waitress and the sauce was very robust and bold. The steak as I mentioned earlier was overcooked but was fixed swiftly. The fries were perfect but I doubt I would order this again as this was not a preparation of steak that I favor but this is a personal preference. 

Oops I actually forgot what this was... but T really enjoyed this! 


Balthazar
80 Spring Street
New York
NY 10012
USA

2 comments:

  1. o.m.g. salivating. really craving steak tartare and steak-frites right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in class right now... soooo hungry T_T come visit soon!

      Delete