Thursday, July 4, 2013

Mango Tree

Ughhh I've been so shitty with updating and now I have an avalanche of restaurants backlogged. I just got back from LA and therefore there will be a TON of exciting reviews coming up! The trip was so amazing and I was so happy that I got to revisit old favorites along with trying out some new exciting restaurants.

I've been to Mango Tree's branch in Causeway Bay and thought it was quite enjoyable. I decided to check out its other branch in Elements with V and am happy to announce that both branches served the same decent quality of food. The one complaint I have is that each dish was a bit luke warm and should have been much hotter. Flavors and execution were all well done except for one dish which was terrible.

Fresh Vietnamese Spring Rolls 
These rolls were super bland and lacked both flavor and texture. Even when drenched in sauce these were boring and unappealing. The rolls were basically mushy dough rolls and V and I were only able to eat one before giving up on this dish. 

Crispy Shrimp Cakes
Shrimp cakes are one of my favorite things to order at a Thai restaurant and these were quite good. I wouldn't say they are the best I've had as they could use a little more seasoning and was a bit too dense but overall they were quite good. 

Black Cod Curry
Cod is one of my favorite types of fish and this was smothered in a rich and creamy curry sauce. The fish was buttery and juicy. The serving was actually quite massive to our surprise. This dish was very good but like I mentioned previously was not hot enough. 

Pad Thai
The presentation of this dish was what caught our attention at first. The egg wrap was beautifully done and the pad thai was very delicious. The flavors were spot on and the texture of the noodles were also great with just the right amount of bite to it.

Mango Tree is a very solid choice for a quality Thai meal. Prices are a bit higher than most Thai Restaurants but the food quality and ambiance definitely sets it apart as a higher end Thai dining establishment. 

Mango Tree
Shop 2032
Level 2
Elements 
1 Austin Road West
Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment