Thursday, July 18, 2013

Steik World Meats

As you all know, I am a steak kind of girl. Give me a huge slab of meat medium rare and I'm a happy happy child. My classic favorite is Bistecca but I've also recently discovered the amazingness of Blue Butcher. I have always utilized food blogs but with the rise of Instagram I am now always finding delectable new dishes and openings through Instagram accounts. One picture that particularly caught my eye was a US prime rib of beef on the bone from Steik World Meats in TST. H and I decided to give it a try as reviews were quite decent and it would also be nice to get out of the central bubble since going across the harbor is such an adventure (haha).

Unfortunately, the meal was a sore disappointment and I would not be returning anytime soon. I don't think the food was terrible, just very sub-par with a pretty hefty price tag.

Crab Cake 
I thought this crab cake was not too bad but H really disliked the addition to carrot which I must admit is a bit strange. The crab cake had a significant amount of shredded vegetables and although the amount of crab was also decent and the execution of the dish was done well it made the dish less enjoyable. 

Foie Gras and Assorted Pate
The foie was not fragrant at all and the other meat pate was not particularly enjoyable either.

Actually forgot which soup this was... but it was also just normal.

Dry Aged US Prime Rib of Beef on the Bone
This piece of meat was what I have been waiting for. I will admit that the flavor of the meat was quite nice but the texture was really just all right. The flavor was good but not spectacular either enough to make up for the texture. It was not juicy or tender enough. Definitely not something I would trek to TST for.



Service was also absolutely off the mark. Dessert was plopped on our table when we were not even done with our steak. We were also the last ones at the restaurant and servers started clearing away other tables noisily and was also starting to chat casually amongst themselves... That is completely unprofessional behavior and H and I were pretty annoyed at this point. 


It's actually lucky for them that this dining experience is quite old so I have forgotten some other agitating details which made the dining experience less than enjoyable. Do yourself a favor, stick to Bistecca or Blue Butcher next time if you are looking for some amazing steak.  

Steik World Meats
Shop 314
K11
18 Hanoi Road
Tsim Sha Tsui

No comments:

Post a Comment