Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Don Antonio

W is usually not a big pizza fan but she saw an episode of "Diners, Drive-throughts, and Dives" about this crazy deep fried pizza from a place named Don Antonio in New York and wanted to try it out. I was a bit skeptical at first even though I usually love fatty indulgences but agreed to go with her. The pizza was delicious! It sounded so soggy and greasy at first but I was so pleasantly surprised. The crust was fluffy and extra crispy but not too greasy at all! The restaurant also has a great lunch menu where you can get smaller personal pizzas. We ordered the fried pizza and also a pizza with pistachio on top. Both were delicious! We also got the burrata but it was very dense and not creamy as you can see from the photo below. The arancini was also very good and I would recommend ordering that.






I was really glad that I tried this place out and would love to return when I have a pizza craving!

Don Antonio
309 W 50th St
New York
NY 10019

No comments:

Post a Comment