Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Lady Mendl's Afternoon Tea

I love afternoon tea but never really get around to planning it for some reason. I found out that two of my girlfriends share the same (or even more!) enthusiasm as I do for afternoon tea so I finally secured a date with them at Lady Mendl's. The tea salon is absolutely lovely and I adored all the girly and pretty decorations. I ordered the lychee rose tea and it was delightful. Instead of bringing out each course on a tray in the traditional manner, each course is brought out like a proper meal. I really enjoyed every course and our server was very polite which made our experience very pleasant. I particularly loved the fig finger sandwich. I believe you are allowed to ask for extras but we did not this time. It may not look like a ton of food but it definitely fills you up! I think I liked the scones at the Ritz better but these were still very good. I also love how they serve Lady M cakes as that was definitely a plus. I had to rush to SoulCycle after so had to leave early but I wished that I was able to stay longer to have a nice girl chat!








Lady Mendl's Tea Salon
56 Irving Place
New York
NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment