Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Peking Duck House

Peking duck is one of my favorite meals ever and I've definitely scarfed down almost an entire duck once in Beijing. It's been one of my favorites since my childhood and I still get giddy with excitement when I know I get to eat peking duck. W has mentioned Peking Duck House a few times and so we finally decided to check it out on a Sunday night.

Sliced Jellyfish 
Mmmm this was marinated very well. The jellyfish was very crisp and crunchy and came in a very generous serving. However, it was a tad too salty.

Peking Duck
They sliced the duck quite thickly but I actually enjoyed that because it gave you a nice meaty bite. The skin was quite fatty in some areas but overall it was roasted very well and the meat was juicy. The cucumbers were sliced a little too thickly but it was not an huge issue.


Salt and Pepper Squid
This is usually also one of my favorite dishes but this was a disappointment. The salt and pepper flavor was not there and it was just extremely heavily fried and quite spicy in a strange way. 

Walnut Shrimp
I really enjoyed this dish! The shrimp was super jumbo and the sauce was creamy and sweet. The walnuts were also perfectly crunchy and went really well with the shrimp. I would definitely order this again.

Mapo Tofu
This is not the best mapo tofu I've had but it was very tasty. It would be more spicy but the tofu was very smooth and it went perfectly with white rice.

Peking Duck House
236 East 53rd Street
New York
NY 10022

No comments:

Post a Comment