Monday, April 28, 2014

Takashi

Takashi is one of my favorite spots in the city and is a must visit when T is in town. Apart from the infamous Niku-uni, everything else on that menu is just as delicious. T is obsessed with the yooke and the sweet bread is also TO DIE FOR. You can only make  reservations for 4 people or more so when T and I go we usually put our name down and go to the restaurant/bar down the street to have a drink. Normal cuts of meat are delicious here but this place is a haven for those who enjoy special and unique bits of the cow. Here is the menu :) There is a platter named the tongue experience where they give you various parts of the ox tongue and I thought that was pretty cheeky. I didn't take any pictures of the yakiniku but everything I've tried has also been top notch.

Niku-Uni - chuck flap topped with sea urchin and fresh wasabi
This dish is definitely an instagram favorite. I initially was not too sure about the harmony of the flavors because it seemed like a dish that just piled a lot of good things together without really thinking of the end flavor profile, but this was actually DELICIOUS. The texture of the fatty chuck flap was melt in your mouth and the uni was fresh and sweet. The seaweed added the needed crunch and the shisho leaf gave the perfect herby kick to take this dish to the next level. A MUST ORDER. 

Yooke - thinly-sliced chuck eye tartare in special sauce
This is my baby's favorite dish and I wish I could feed him this all the time! The special sauce is so flavorful and has a lovely sweet profile. The meat is super fresh and cut to the perfect size. Yum!

I highly recommend Takashi! The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is cute and comfortable. Just do remember that you will come out smelling like delicious grilled meats.

Takashi
456 Hudson Street 
New York
NY10011

1 comment:

  1. I'm in New York right now.. and you posted this at a great time. I'm going to go find this tomorrow, thanks :D

    ReplyDelete