Thursday, May 9, 2013

YUE at City Garden Hotel

I have always complained that my mom isn't adventurous enough with her restaurant selections and will always go back to tried and tested favorites. Every time I suggest a new place she would seem skeptical and question the validity of my suggestion. Recently though, she has been much more keen to venture to new restaurants and have even started proposing restaurant ideas! Maybe this has to do with the fact that my dad bought the Michelin Guide but regardless I am super pleased about this change in attitude!

YUE was a restaurant that my mom suggested and the food was very decent. Certain dishes were a miss but overall it was an enjoyable dim sum experience albeit I do not think we will be making it our regular dim sum spot. YUE is an award winning restaurant and has earned one Michelin star. One of their dim sum platters has one a special award but we actually didn't try it. The BBQ cheung fun was the worst dish as the flour layer was much too thick. Other traditional dim sum dishes were made well, with well textured and thin skin and generous and well flavored fillings.

The standout dishes were the BBQ grilled eel  and the lotus leaf rice. The BBQ eel was charred exquisitely and the meat was juicy and succulent. The honey glaze was also perfectly sweet and was a great balance of sweet and savory. The lotus leaf rice had an incredibly fragrant aroma and each grain of rice was infused with flavor and was the perfect hardness. Although I said that I wouldn't be coming here regularly, I would definitely keep YUE in mind if I am ever craving the delicious eel and rice!










YUE
1/F
City Garden Hotel 
9 City Garden Road
North Point
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment