Monday, May 13, 2013

Yonge Piggies

Chi is visiting me from Bombay and I have had so much fun trying to plan the most fun trip ever! My favorite twinnies took me to Yonge Piggies once to try their amazing earl grey milkshake and since Chi loves earl grey I wanted to make sure that she gets to try this. We had breakfast at Classified first and then popped by for a another bite since we did not eat too much at Classified. I have heard mixed reviews about Yonge Piggies so was glad that I finally stopped by to try it. It is located in Sheung Wan which is close enough but also not SO close that I would casually drop by and grab a bite. I feel like it definitely caters to those who live in Sheung Wan as there is very little seating so I doubt people who live elsewhere would purposely take a trip to grab a hot dog. This was the perfect opportunity since I wanted to let Chi walk around and also get small bites from different places. The decor is quite quirky and service was friendly.



Earl Grey Milkshake
Mmmm this is sooooo good. The earl grey flavor is quite strong and the milkshake is creamy and sweet. It is a bit heavy though so I recommend sharing this. 

Cheddar Sausage with Sauteed Onions, Mushrooms, and Cheese
Yonge Piggies uses sausages that are imported from Canada. The sausage had a crispy skin and it was nice and juicy inside. It was nice how you can add as many toppings as you want for free. This was good but nothing spectacular. It actually tasted just like Johnsonville Sausages which you can make yourself (I might even like Johnsonville more..... I LOVE THEM)

Oozey gooey cheesey goodness. 

I think the hotdogs here are decent but I much prefer Brat (which has now closed. UGH). The highlight of this place is definutely their milkshake. I have yet to try their fries but I have not heard raving reviews. I think this is a good spot for people who live in the area to grab a quick bite but not something to be on your must try list. But DO come by for the milkshake if earl grey is your thing!

Yonge Piggies
1 Jervois Street
Sheung Wan
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment