Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Press Room

To continue with the feasting on our happy hiking day, we decided to treat ourselves to a gluttonous meal after our physical exertion. L and I decided to dress up just for the fun of it even though the place we went to was not particularly formal. I’ve always known about Press Room and have been here a few times, but for some reason I never come as much as I would expect myself to. The food is really good and I love the atmosphere, its location is also very convenient for me so I am always a bit perplexed with my low frequency of visits! Press Room’s goal is to serve simple and delicious food made from the finest ingredients. The menu is mostly French Bistro yet contains other European comfort favorites. The atmosphere at Press Room is cozy and casual yet retains a sophisticated air.

Hmm... the photo quality is not as good as I expected, I've been using my iphone to take photos recently but I suppose I will go back to my camera for dimmer settings!

Oyster Platter
The oysters were very fresh and was very sweet and flavorful! A great start to the meal.
 
Onion Soup Gratineé
I only had a small spoonful of this but I remember it was well flavored and the amount of cheese was also very decadent :) The amount of onions was very generous which resulted in a very rich soup. 

Grilled Flatbread - Caramelized Onions, Goat's Cheese, Bacon, and Rocket
This dish was decent but was not particularly memorable. The bread was nice and crunchy and went well with the hearty bacon and onions, but I would prefer to order other dishes over this next time!

Louisiana Chili Crab Cakes
The crab cakes were just ok. They were not bad, but I would have preferred them to be a bit denser and crispier!

Dressed Crab - with Gazpacho Dressing
This dish was absolutely delicious! Every delightful morsel was gobbled down in a blink of an eye. The amount of crab was generous and was fresh and sweet. The avocado was creamy and went perfectly with the crab. The gazpacho dressing was refreshing and just took the dish to the next level. We enjoyed it so much that we did not hesitate for a second to order a second serving! Yum!

Slow Braised Lamb Shank - Parmesan Polenta
The lamb was incredibly tender and drenched with a decadent and rich sauce. The meat was infused with the hearty flavors and melted in your mouth. The polenta was a little bit lumpy and I would have preferred it to be smoother and creamier. The vegetables were cooked perfectly, slightly seasoned as to not mask the natural sweetness. Overall a lovely dish. 

Lobster Risotto
I was getting rather stuffed at this point, so only had a small spoonful of this. The risotto was perfectly al dente full of rich lobster flavor. I would like to have more of this next time when I am not filled to my eyeballs with food. Presentation was also very appealing as you can see. 

Cedar River U.S.D.A Natural Prime Ribeye - Peppercorn Sauce
Ok so I had a bite of this even though I was on the verge of explosion. Or at least I am quite sure I did as we also had a lot of wine... oops. But if I do recall correctly this was definitely a solid steak. 

These were the sides that came with the steak. Can you guess what that huge white puff is? Cauliflower! 

Pistachio Crème brûlée and Biscotti
There is always room for dessert! I had a spoonful of this. I don't remember a distinct pistachio flavor but it was nice and sweet. Will have to pay more attention next time! 


Winter Spiced Bread and Butter Pudding - Armagnac Crème Anglais 
This is the final dish of the meal I promise. Bread pudding can always put me in a good mood. And this version was quite good but I think it was a bit too dense. The shaved chocolate and excessive amount of sauce was lovely though. And I must admit I was quite overcome with the previous dishes and wine that I may not be giving this dish a justified review. 

The Press Room is definitely worth a visit! The food is overall very good and the atmosphere is also enjoyable!


Press Room
108 Hollywood Road
Sheung Wan
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment