Monday, March 8, 2010

Deep Fry That

I should open a restaurant. Just had 5 hours of rehearsals and photoshoots. Quite tired but feel so accomplished! Now waiting for the bran van to come so I can return home and do some cleaning chores :'( and maybe put away my laundry. I think my music from my headphones is too loud because I am getting so many death stares from everyone in the student center study area. Oh well bahahaa they can appreciate a little Guetta. Anyhow, here is my newest creation... KATSU CURRY.

Katsu Curry (Deep fried japanese pork cutlet)
Ingredients:
-Pork chops
-Soy sauce
-Panko bread crumbs
-1 egg
-A lot of oil
-Japanese curry cubes
-Carrots
-Onions
-Potatoes
-RICE



Directions:

1. Pound pork chops. I used a real hammer... because I didn't have those meat pounder hammers. But I covered the porkchops in clingwrap before doing the deed so don't worry I did not get food poisoning.




owned.


HAHA GROSS.

2. Chop up veggies. Dice onions and cube the potatoes and carrots.



Morimoto needs to watch his back with these chopping skills

3. Fry all veggies in a pot.

4. Dip the pork chops in a whisked egg and coat with panko bread crumbs.

5. Heat oil and turn on low heat, add pork chops.







AMAZING.

6. Add water to veggies and add curry cubes. Cook until sauce thickens and potatos and carrots are soft.

7. Take pork chops out and put on rack. I didn't have a rack so I just put it in the oven so the excess oil can drip off :)


8. Plate and serve! Rice + curry + tonkatsu!



you know love me for reals.

2 comments:

  1. ho-ly crap. THIS LOOKS SO GOOD you're amazing! and your chopping skills are ridic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. the onion looks crazy. i love katsu

    ReplyDelete