Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dominique Ansel's Cronut

Last semester, a few days after arriving in New York I was already lucky enough to have a bite of the most coveted item at the time! My friend had a hook up who was able to get 3 of these legendary pastries and was nice enough to share a bite with me! I was extremely excited to try this because there was no way I would line up at 5 am for hours for a pastry. Unfortunately the cronut was quite underwhelming. I felt that maybe it was because it wasn't super fresh because we picked it up in the afternoon but either way even if it was piping hot I can't imagine it to be worth the hype and wait. It wasn't bad, but just nothing that was particularly amazing or mind blowing. It tasted exactly how you would expect... a deep fried croissant with sweet cream inside.

My friend said that she actually preferred the DKA so perhaps I will give those a try if I pass by but I hear that those also sell out quickly.




Dominique Ansel Bakery
189 Spring Street
New York
NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment