Saturday, December 14, 2013

BCD Tofu House

BCD Tofu House is one of my favorite restaurants in K-town (if not NYC...). I first had my taste of its amazing soondooboo chigae in LA and have loved it ever since. I think it's tofu stew is the bessstt and it's kalbi is also super delicious. I wish they also had tteokbokki... if they did they would be seriously a fantasy land. There are so many options in K-town and everyone has their own favorite but I think BCD is definitely my top choice (although I have not tried all of them yet!). BCD also recently moved to a new location and it is much more spacious.

Bibimbap
Generous serving, lots of ingredients, delicious. 

Soondooboo Chigae
The soup is really flavorful and the tofu is silky and delicious. They also give you an egg which I think really makes the dish even more creamy and comforting (some places don't... sadness) Definitely a perfect dish for cold winter days! 

Kalbi
The marinade is really sweet and I just loveeee that. The kalbi is really meaty and super tender. It comes in a super sizzling plate and the onions will continue to brown and become delicious under the meat. The serving is also super generous and I just can't stop stabbing my chopsticks into these delicious pieces of meat and transferring them to my mouth. Oink oink.

BCD Tofu House
5 W 32rd Street
New York
NY 10001
USA

No comments:

Post a Comment