Monday, April 29, 2013

Australia Dairy Company 澳洲牛奶公司

After talking about going to Australian Dairy Company for years and years, I FINALLY went! It's insane how long it took me to drag my butt out to Jordan to try this cha chan teng known for its legendary scrambled eggs. I love love love eating eggs so it really was a crime that I didn't indulge in these glorious eggs earlier (perhaps it's a good thing I didn't because now I want to eat it all the time!). My colleagues also have never tried Australian Dairy Company and have been wanting to go and so we decided to finally put our plans into action one day and ventured out to Jordan after work.

Australian Dairy Company usually boasts a very long line but since it was not at peak hours we strolled in around 6:30 with no wait at all. The waiters here are notorious for being really rude but apart from being slightly obnoxious with the way we ordered the waiters were generally friendly and not rude. I think this may be because it was not too crowded so the waiters were not as pushy as usual.




Cha Siu (BBQ pork) macaroni
We all decided to get the 2nd set menu which came with macaroni, toast and eggs, and coffee or tea. The macaroni was a bit overcooked and although the soup was a bit richer than other cha chan tengs, this dish was not particularly memorable or well made. The amount of cha siu was generous too but I think I will simply get scrambled eggs and toast next time and skip on the set meal!

Buttered Thick Toast with Scrambled Eggs and Ham
WAHHHH finally the amazing eggs arrived! They looked HEAVENLY and tasted just as amazing! These eggs definitely lived up to every raving review. The eggs were incredibly smooth, creamy, and decadent. Apart from the lovely texture, the flavor was also very rich. Definitely the BEST scrambled eggs ever. The toast was also buttered generously and the thickness perfectly balanced out these indulgent scrambled eggs. 


LIFE CHANGING

Not at peak hours but still a good amount of customers

Hong Kong Style Milk Tea
The milk tea was strong and smooth, yum!

Steamed Milk Pudding
The milk pudding had a lovely strong milk flavor and was soft and creamy. It was obvious that the milk used was of high quality and that it was steamed very well to produce such a smooth texture. It came piping hot and was quickly scooped up by V and I.

We were greedy and ordered another egg sandwich to share between the 3 of us. After this sandwich we were all positively stuffed. The egg was delicious but I am sure there is a lot of cream or butter in them therefore I felt rather sick after. Lesson learnt: DON'T BE TOO GREEDY :(


Australian Dairy Company was delicious and I will definitely be back for more!

Australian Dairy Company
47-49 Parkes Street
Jordan
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment