Monday, October 1, 2012

Izumi Curry

Hysan Place is the new supermall that has opened in CWB and I finally got to explore it on Sunday. A and I were initially going to hit up Bee II old school style but when A found out that I've never set food in Hysan yet we decided to switch venues and try out Izumi as well. I've really wanted to try out Izumi after seeing some very tantalizing pictures of the dishes so I did not object at all when we decided to skip out on Bee. The restaurant is located in the food court area but has its own space where seating is more comfortable. We were seated by the window and there was a decent view of CWB.


Tonkatsu with Curry Omelette Rice
Although I love Coco Ichibanya, the one thing that bothered me was that I was not allowed to pick the spice level for the curry served with omelette. Therefore I was happy to find out that this was not the case at Izumi! I picked "big spicy" and the curry was perfect! The curry was very rich and full of flavor and there was a definitely kick from the spice. I think it would be nice if the curry had little bits of veggies like onions etc though. The egg was soooo delicious, super smooth and creamy. The tonkatsu however was a little tough :( Although it was a bit tough, it was not TOO bad. I would also like it even more if they didn't drench the life out of it and allowed it to be a bit crispier. Overall though this was very satisfying and I would return again to try another dish. A got the hamburger patty with curry and omelette and that was quite scrumptious as well! 


Izumi Curry serves decent curry at reasonable prices. The tonkatsu could be improved but the egg and curry sauce was very yummy. Lunch came to around 100 per person and was served with a salad and drink. Izumi is definitely a spot to keep in mind the next time you are looking for a place for lunch!

Izumi Curry
Kitchen 11
11/F
Hysan Place
500 Hennessy Road
Causeway Place
Hong Kong

1 comment:

  1. That looks great! So glad you said that the curry was rich and had a kick to it. Exactly what I look for! And the egg does look super smooth and lush indeed.

    Gonna go try this soon! xx

    http://www.exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete