Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sensyu

Sensyu is my parent's go to japanese restaurant. Once they find something they like, it is unlikely that they will try other places and instead come back again and again. The food here is really excellent though so I have no complaints. The sushi is always very fresh and the price is also very reasonable for the quality of food. The owner is always very friendly and ensures that the dining experience is enjoyable.

Mixed sashimi 
I know, I know, salmon is not the fish of choice for sushi snobs but I must admit I actually love eating salmon. We usually get a bigger platter but decided to leave room for other food because the owner told us there were a lot of fresh imports today. The sashimi was super fresh and sweet. Yum! My parents also love to eat the hand sliced radish but I am not a big fan of that. 

池魚 Japanese mackerel sashimi
This was one of the specials of the day. This is not a type of fish that I eat as sashimi very often. It was very delicious and had a very special flavor. The ginger and scallions also went perfectly well with the flavor and texture of the fish. A special sauce was also provided that heightened the freshness of the fish. 

Uni sushi and toro and scallion roll
Yum yum yum yum yum. The toro melts in your mouth and the rice/toro/scallion ratio is perfect. The uni is to die for. It's so fresh and sweet, thinking about it makes me want to pop 10 pieces in my mouth right now. 

Akagai (ark shell) sushi
Once again, fresh and delicious. The texture was perfect and the amount of rice was also perfect. You can tell that the sushi chefs know what they are doing. And yes, there is more salmon :) 

Cheese mochi
I am obsessed with this dish. I never used to order it until I caught a glimpse of these goodies at the table next to us once, and then I'm hooked. The mochi layer is the perfect thickness and it is soft and chewy. The cheese is well flavored and perfectly melty and gooey. The outside is crispy and not too oily. My good friends L and S love the cheese mochi at Nan Tei, I really want her to try this one! 

More more more :D

Grilled kinki 
Kinki fish is a highly prized seasonal fish from Hokkaido. Apparently it is quite rare and there are special fishermen who are trained just to catch them. The owner was really excited about this shipment of kinki and we were also very keen on trying this dish after hearing many good things. The fish definitely did not disappoint. The meat had a lovely texture and the skin was charred perfectly. The kinki was flavored perfectly where the seasonings brought out the freshness and original taste of the kinki without masking it. My parents and I thoroughly enjoyed this dish and I would definitely get it again next time!

Sensyu Japanese Restaurant 
28/F
L'Hart 
489 Lockhart Road
Causeway Bay 
Hong Kong

1 comment:

  1. reading this at 2 am is not a good time.... :( i shall place this on my to do list

    ReplyDelete