Monday, June 11, 2012

Oyster C

Oyster C is definitely one of my new favorites in Hong Kong. This is the second time I've been here with Y and each time the food is good and I leave full and tipsy. I took photos the first time I came as well but that was when I got too intoxicated thanks to the BYOB policy and lost my bag after at the club. The atmosphere is really laid back and the staff are all very friendly. The walls are covered with writings and signatures of customers and naturally I took the biggest marker and left my mark there as well. The restaurant is always bustling with customers so make sure to make a reservation. It is also opened til 2 am so keep Oyster C in mind next time you want a midnight munch excursion!

Selection of oysters
The owner came over and asked us what type of oysters we liked: salty sea water, creamy, or sweet. We decided to have a selection of all three. All the oysters were of high quality but our favorite was definitely the Walvis Bay oyster (bottom right). It was incredibly creamy and sweet - just heavenly. It was as if all the best things the ocean had to offer were condensed into one oyster shell. I could definitely eat a dozen of these glorious oysters any day. 

Our selection of oysters

Shrimp scampi
The scampi was very fresh and sweet, it had a great crunch and bite to it but I felt that I would rather eat this at a japanese restaurant as ebi sashimi. It was good, but it wasn't something I would specifically get here because they make other dishes better. 

Deep fried shrimps heads from our shrimp scampi
The shrimp heads were flavored very well and it was fried to a crispy perfection. Shrimp heads are one of my favorite little snacks to munch on and this did not disappoint. 

Obviously the biggest writing there :)


Clams in a sake parsley sauce
The clams were very juicy and meaty, the sake sauce was not my favorite and I usually hate parsley but this was acceptable. It was a good dish but I think I will try the cream sauce next time. 

Crab meat and black truffle linguine
The pasta was cooked to a perfect al dente and the sauce was very creamy and infused with the incredibly aromatic truffle flavor. There was also a very generous amount of crab meat throughout the pasta. The servings are very big and we were very very stuffed. I was not the biggest fan of the salad on the top but overall the pasta was very good and scrumptious.


Oyster C
98-104 Hing Fat Street
Tin Hau
Hong Kong

No comments:

Post a Comment