Friday, March 30, 2012

Mosto

Mosto is one of my favorite restaurants in Beijing. The food is consistently good and the atmosphere is hip and comfortable.

Wine is always a good idea 

I feel like Mosto is the perfect spot for a first date. It's classy and swanky but not overly stuffy. The lighting is just right and there is also an open kitchen to distract you just in case you run out of things to talk about. 

Beef cheek with thick cut bacon, potatoes, and greens
The beef has been cooked until it is bursting with flavor and it simply melts in your mouth. The thick cut bacon was smokey and was an amazing texture contrast to the tender beef. The sauce was thick and rich and although I am not a huge fan of potatoes they were a great accompaniment to meats. I think maybe a mash would be even better. Perhaps a truffle mash...? That would be my dream come true. 

Red wine truffled risotto with a parmesan crisp
This is one of my favorite dishes at Mosto. I always try to get someone else to order it though so I can nibble on theirs while I try other greats dishes hehe. The risotto is always cooked perfectly, the grains of rice are firm and have a nice bite to it and it is also incredibly creamy and rich. The truffle aroma is incredible and the parmesan crisp is just the cherry on top. I think the best choice is to order then and then have someone else order a meat dish because even though the risotto is amazing I like to have some meat during my meal as well.

Cheese plate 
Just like how wine is always a good idea, a cheese plate is also always a good idea. Sometimes I get too full but cheese platters are always one of my favorite things. This cheese plate had a great selection of soft and hard cheeses and the fruit preserves and nuts did the perfect job bringing out the flavors of the cheese. The toasties were also just right, not too thick and crispy. Perfect end to a perfect meal. 

Mosto
3/F
Nali Patio
Sanlitun
Beijing 
China 

No comments:

Post a Comment