Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crab House at Pier 39

It has been a very long time since my last post and I will definitely make an effort to get all the posts from summer completed. If I drag it on anymore it will be difficult for me to make accurate and detailed reviews of the food I enjoyed. The Crab House is a famous establishment at the popular Pier 39, its most famous dish is its "World Famous Dungeness Killer Crab". I am usually not a huge fan of eating crab because it take quite a lot of effort to get the meat out but with all the positive reviews I couldn't wait to dig in!

Excellent. What a cute and fun drink list :) 

I'm a sucker for bloody marys 

Ready to get messy with my apron on!


Clams in a Garlic Shallot Sauce with Linguine 
The clams were extremely fresh and sweet, it was cooked perfectly with a tasty garlic shallot sauce that did not overpower and mask the flavor and freshness of clams. The linguine was cooked to a perfect al dente and the leftover sauce was happily soaked up with bread.

Fish and Chips 
... of pretty epic proportions. A humongous slab of fish battered and fried to crispy perfection. The batter was not too thick and the fish was not overly greasy. The fish was well made but nothing creative or particularly memorable. The fries on the other hand was absolutely amazing. They were smothered in aromatic garlic bits that made the fries irresistible. 

World Famous 2+ lb Dungeness Killer Crab
The crab was drenches in the restaurant's "secret garlic sauce" that brought out the flavor of the crab perfectly. It was super tasty and the crab shell was cracked already so it was very easy to get the meat out and into my mouth :) The crab definitely lived up to its hype! Everyone should pop by here to try this amazing dish if you are in San Francisco! 



Conquered. Noms 

Crab House
203C Pier 39
San Francisco 
CA 94133 

No comments:

Post a Comment