Sunday, May 1, 2011

Butterlane Cupcakes

Ever since the explosion of cupcake stores everywhere, many cupcake shops have gotten a lot of hype and I have tried many of them such as Magnolia Bakery, Baked by Melissa, Crumbs, and Sprinkles. I personally think Crumbs is disgusting and too excessive, a cupcake to me is suppose to be a small delicate bite of sweetness, not a huge cake smothered with globs and globs of frosting to the point of drowning (Crumbs). Butterlane Cupcakes got very good reviews from my friends so I went after my lovely dinner at Scarpetta. The store was very small and decorated in a charming childish manner. There is a blackboard on one side of the wall with all the different cake and frosting combinations.

Banana cupcake with strawberry frosting
The cupcake was moist and sweet. The frosting had actual strawberry bits in it that have been smashed up. I really liked how the frosting actually had the fruit in it, much better than artificial strawberry flavorings. The cupcake was decorated rather rustically but I found this to be very down to earth and echoed the way the cupcake tasted, simple and deliciously made with fresh quality ingredients.

Perfect with a cup of hot green tea 

Butterlane Cupcakes 
123 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10009

No comments:

Post a Comment