Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Scallion Pancakes

Made these last semester but never got around to uploading it. Scallions pancakes are one of my favorite foods and can probably eat them forever, but I say that about a lot of foods... I felt that the final product was a little bit too dry, so will try to make it again and perfect it next time.

Ingredients:
-Flour
-Water
-Scallions
-Oil (for brushing the pancakes and also for frying)

Directions:
1) I just eyeballed the amount of flour and water, so I didn't write down any actual measurements. I just added enough of each and adjusted to make a firm flour ball.



2) Wrap the dough ball with saran wrap and put in the fridge for an hour or so


3) Cut the scallions into approx. 1/2 cm bits


4) Get the oil...


5) Divide the big dough ball into little dough balls and roll it out to around 7-8 inches wide


6) Brush the pancake with oil and sprinkle with scallions


7) Roll up the pancake and then twirl it around and press down.


8) Fry in oil.


9) Flip it around when one side has become brown and crispy


10) Cut into small pieces and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment