Thursday, January 28, 2016

Joseph Leonard

Hi guys! Sorry I've been on sort of a hiatus recently. I've been dying to try Joseph Leonard for a while after seeing many yummy brunch photos on Instagram. I finally got the chance to try it with A after a Justin Bieber theme SoulCycle ride (best day ever?). The hostess was super sweet because I put my name down before Soul and she said she can't guarantee anything but will definitely keep my name there and would let me know! The restaurant is tiny and it was bustling!

Avocado Toast - Two Eggs Any Style, Country Bread, and Baby Lettuce 
I never order avocado toast when I am out because I eat it every morning at home but A seemed to enjoy it!

Hashbrown
Probably one of the most impressive and beautiful hash browns I've ever seen! I think if you were to come here for a specific dish, this would definitely be one of them! The outside is so crispy and the inside is tender and fluffy. Delicious!

"Benedict" - Pain Perdue, Smoked Salmon, Smoked Salmon, and Scallion Cream 
I was quite curious about the savory pain perdue but ended up not liking it too much. It was too eggy and not particularly flavorful. I would have preferred it on a regular english muffin or crusty bread. The eggs were poached perfectly and the smoked salmon was very flavorful, and I particularly loved the scallion cream which was creamy and luscious. I actually loved putting the scallion cream with the hash brown! However, as a whole dish everything was too soft and mushy and it was just missing that crunchy factor. I think the switching the pain perdu with some warm crusty sourdough would be absolute perfection. 

I think this is a super cute spot for a brunch date but I probably would not be coming back any time soon as there are still many other spots for me to try! I think if the wait time is not too bad and you are in the area you can definitely give this a try! Their monkey bread and pancakes also looked awesome so I could be tempted to come back to give those a go!

Joseph Leonard
170 Waverly Place 
New York
NY 10014

No comments:

Post a Comment