Saturday, February 25, 2012

Claypot Rice at 永合成餐廳餅店

The first time I went to this restaurant was when I was working in Sheung Wan and my colleagues and I went for our lunch break. This restaurant is well known for its clay pot rice and therefore always super busy and crowded. The atmosphere is that of a typical Hong Kong Cha Chan Teng (teashop), nothing fancy but usually with great food. I love how you can see various generations of the family helping out. If you come later some popular claypot dishes such as eel will be sold out, which is what happened to us :(.

Beef and egg claypot rice
The beef was flavorful and I'm always a sucker for soft cooked runny eggs but I felt that the ratio of meat/egg to rice was to little. I also didn't think the rice was fragrant enough and there wasn't the obligatory crispy layer of rice on the bottom of the pot. It's a fine meal, but did not live up to its fame and hype. 

Chicken and mushroom claypot rice
Once again, the chicken had nice flavor but it would be nice if it was less fatty and had more meat. 

Traditional Hong Kong Milk Tea 
Mmm this was yummy. The milk tea was really strong and aromatic. You can taste the richness of the milk and it is devilishly sweet. 

Cute little surprise at the bottom of my cup ;)

Wing Hap Shing Restaurant 
113-115 Jervois Street
Sheung Wan
Hong Kong 

No comments:

Post a Comment